The program goal: to enhance and expand the skills base of today's economic development professionals. A unique program sponsored by four leading universities–The University of Alabama, Clemson, TCU and Southern Mississippi–all working together to deliver the most dynamic, hands-on training program for economic developers.
Week one: November 4-7, 2019
Kauffman Conference Center
Kansas City, MO
Week two: May 18-22, 2020
Texas Christian University
Fort Worth, TX
Who Should Attend?
Advanced training for today's mid and senior economic developers.
What You Will Learn
The partner universities
have developed core classes and curriculum that specifically address the
demands of our complex and important industry. We utilize experienced faculty
and industry practitioners to present leading-edge strategies and techniques
necessary in the competitive and evolving world of job creation. Areas of focus
include leadership, innovation, project management, negotiation, global
challenges, modern technology, data, communication/media training and more.
How You Will Benefit
Hands-on learning sets AEDL apart with the foundation of the advanced program based on contemporary economic development issues taught through an experiential, hands-on approach. With limited lectures, the Advanced program immerses participants in a collaborative, team-centric approach that fosters learning through active exploration, debate and involvement. AEDL participants learn as much from interaction with fellow professionals as they do from faculty.
- Alliance of four major institutions of higher learning
- Experienced and expert faculty – site consultants, experienced EcD professionals, academic and subject experts
- Dynamic curriculum designed to meet the challenges of competitive EcD
- Innovative hands-on, collaborative teaching sessions
- Smaller class size to ensure active learning (40 people per session)
- Convenient two-week program—divided into separate weeks