Bachelor of Business Administration | Microsoft Certification
Microsoft® Office certification is globally recognized as the standard for demonstrating desktop skills with the Microsoft Office suite of business applications. Microsoft Office certification is required for all business majors.
Microsoft Office certification requirements help students develop advanced skills to fill the demand for qualified, knowledgeable students and workers in today's classroom and workplace.
Students who entered TCU as a pre-business student prior to summer 2016. Excel 2013 Expert (Part 1 and Part 2), PowerPoint 2013 and Word 2013 - must be passed in order to gain admission to the Neeley School. Excel Part 1 and Part 2 should have been completed the first year by the published deadline dates. Excel Part 1 and Part 2 certification is a pre-requisite for INSC 20153.
Students who entered TCU or changed their major to pre-business after spring 2016*. PowerPoint 2013 and Excel 2013 must be passed in order to gain admission to the Neeley School. PowerPoint and Excel must be completed the first year by the published deadline dates. Excel is a pre-requisite for INSC 20153. (*If you were a pre-business major at any time prior to summer 2016, then you will follow the requirements for students who entered TCU as a pre-business student prior to summer 2016.)
Students will be required to be certified in Excel 2016 and PowerPoint 2016 beginning February 25, 2017.
Testing Schedule / Registration
- The tests are offered on weekdays only. Students must sign up through their my.tcu.edu account.
- You must sign up for four different times, once for each test.
- Each test takes approximately 50 minutes.
- To sign up for an exam, go to your http://my.tcu.edu account, Main Menu, Helpful Links and look for Microsoft test/prep.
- Upon completion of the exams you will receive your results immediately, along with a printed score report.
- CLICK HERE for step by step instructions
- $75.00 per test attempted
- If you do not show up at your allotted testing time, you will be billed for the test. Contact us at 817-257-5220 no less than 24 hours before your test time if you cannot make it to your test appointment.
- Individuals may be eligible for military reimbursement for Microsoft Office certification exam fees. For more information, contact VA Education Customer Service at 888-442-4551.
- Documentation must be provided from a physician detailing the extent of your disability and requirements for accommodation. Contact us at 817-257-5220 for additional information.
- If you want to take your exams outside of the TCU area, visit www.certiport.com and click on Find a Testing Center to locate a testing center in your area.
Stop by the Neeley Academic Advising Center or call 817-257-5220. A staff member will be happy to answer your questions.