TCU is a smart choice for international students.
Gain experience working with top companies in the United States. Connect with your professors and fellow students in small classes. Thrive in a campus community that is supportive, friendly and safe.
Join TCU’s worldwide network of business leaders.
- Class profile: 25% of our students typically come from other countries — Mexico, China, Germany, India, Chile, Vietnam and more.
- Scholarships: 90% of admitted international MBA students received scholarships in 2012.
- Employment: 88% of the international MBA students graduating in May 2012 accepted jobs within 90 days of graduation, and 97% of those accepted position in the U.S. See full employment results.
Watch the videos below to learn why international students succeed at TCU.
- EducationUSA Resource Centers
EducationUSA is a global network of more than 400 advising centers supported by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State. The centers offer many resources to international students, including information on the visa process and pre-departure orientation sessions specific to your home country.
Find an EducationUSA center near you.
- Transcripts from Foreign Universities
Credentials presented in a language other than English must be submitted with a certified English translation. The Admissions Committee strongly recommended that international applicants submit academic transcripts and other professional certification through World Education Services (WES) for evaluation. For instructions and additional information, please visit www.wes.org.
Applicants from China should note that all of the following are required: Grade Transcripts, Bachelor Degree Certification and Diploma.
As a part of the application, you will be required to upload a copy of your official transcripts from your degree-issuing university and from any university at which you completed graduate-level course work. These documents will be used in the admission review process. If you are admitted, the actual official transcript documents from all previously attended colleges or universities will be required. We reserve the right to rescind an offer of admission should any misrepresentation occur.
- Guidelines for Applicants from India
To be considered for MBA admission, candidate must have completed at least 3-year Bachelor's degree, with evidence of strong and consistent performance.
Applicants from India who received their undergraduate degree from an institution where all classes were taught in English can request for TOEFL test waiver.
Applicants who hold Master's degrees in Finance, International Business, or Management are encouraged to apply to the one-year Full-time Accelerated MBA program. These candidates are also eligible to apply to the two-year Full-time MBA program.
- English Language Requirement
All MBA students are expected to possess strong communication skills in English. For applicants whose native language is not English, we require an English language exam as follows:
The English language exam may be waived if candidates:
- Have spent at least 3 years in the U.S. studying toward completion of an undergraduate degree, OR
- Have completed a graduate degree in the U.S. or worked in the U.S. at least 2 years OR
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an institution in which English is the language of instruction and Commerce in their country is generally conducted in English. (Examples of such countries include: Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Ghana, Nigeria and Uganda.)
- Summer Language Institute
Some admitted international students will be required to participate in TCU’s summer language institute prior to the beginning of MBA classes in the fall. The program provides an opportunity for international MBA students to polish their English skills and build confidence in their classroom and social communication. All international MBA students can attend even if not required. Contact us for more information.
- International Student Orientation
All international students are required to attend this program offered prior to the MBA START Workshop. Dates are provided upon admission.
TCU’s international student orientation brings together all new international students at the university, regardless of major, to provide an introduction to American higher education, cultural transition issues, immigration and legal responsibilities, immigration advising and assistance, employment, banking, academic support, and personal support.
Additionally, international MBA students will have an orientation presented by Neeley Graduate Career Services to focus on career development and job search skills including developing your personal "brand," business attire, effective networking and follow-up, interviewing, and business etiquette. You will also hear successful advice from current and former international MBA students.