Evening Professional MBA | Career & Networking
The Professional MBA Program at Neeley offers countless benefits beyond the classroom, including personalized career development and networking opportunities that position you for long-term success.
The Graduate Career Service Center (GCSC) will work closely with you to enhance your workplace marketability. Whether you’re considering a career change or looking to move ahead within your current company or industry, our experienced career management professionals will help you develop an effective strategy to accomplish those goals. These professionals also maintain important connections with top employers around the world, showcasing Neeley MBA students at career fairs, conferences and Neeley events.
As a Professional MBA student, you have access to a series of excellent career services:
- Personal Career Coach
- Neeley's experienced career management team is available for one-on-one counseling to help you create your career development plan. The GCSC staff works with students in key areas such as resume preparation, interviewing and networking skills, salary negotiation and job search strategies. Drawing from their extensive corporate and recruiting experience, our team will help you position yourself for career success.
- Professional Development Series
- Topics ranging from Resume Building, Personal Branding and Interview Preparation to Evaluating Job Offers and Salary Negotiations.
- Just-In-Time Career Toolkit
- A full service career development portal designed to provide all the resources necessary to guide you through the strategic job search process and achieve your goals.
- Weekly PMBA e-newsletter
- "This Week in the GCSC" will be included in the weekly MBA programs newsletter and will keep you current with events, workshops, networking and job opportunities.
Neeley connects you to everything (and everyone) you'll need to take your career to the next level: extensive ties to top employers, an international network of alumni and numerous opportunities to meet executives from leading firms.
- Executive Speakers at Neeley
- Last year, more than 200 executives interacted with Neeley students. The Tandy Executive Speakers Series brings nationally recognized business leaders to speak to MBA students and DFW area executives about the latest trends and issues in business. Through the Neeley Speaker Series, high-level executives meet with MBA students in a more intimate setting. Following the presentations, MBA students regularly attend small group dinners sponsored by PricewaterhouseCoopers, where the conversation (and the networking) continues.
- The GCSC's exclusive job posting board for MBA students. MBAJobs contain jobs from top employers in DFW and across the nation.
- Company Information Sessions and On-Campus Interviews
- Throughout the year, leading employers from the area and across the country host events and interviewing opportunities at Neeley. On-campus recruiting gives you the opportunity to meet one-on-one with recruiting employers from the public and private sectors, to learn about career opportunities in your chosen field. During the fall and spring semesters, company representatives are on campus conducting information sessions that usually include a corporate presentation, a Q&A and the chance to mingle with the company representatives.
- National MBA Career Conference
- The GCSC provides travel scholarships for students interested in participating in the fall semester national MBA career fairs. The career fairs expose you to employment opportunities such as Accenture, Chevron, Ford Motor Company, General Mills, Merck, Procter & Gamble, Unilever and Wells Fargo.
- Neeley Students and Alumni
- At Neeley, you’ll be in good company, connected with other highly motivated, successful professionals in many industries and functional areas. Some of your most productive professional relationships may come from your own classmates and other Neeley alumni. The program design and culture at Neeley promotes close working relationships with your classmates. Through events and in consultation with our Graduate Career Service Center (GSCS) team, you’ll also have opportunities to network with Neeley alumni at top companies in the Metroplex and around the world.