Center for Supply Chain Innovation | Degree and Certificate Programs
Supply and value chain management is cross-disciplinary and encompasses interrelated elements of marketing, logistics, purchasing, operations management, and information technology. In today’s highly competitive environment, the multiple firms in a supply chain must be able to collectively respond to rapidly changing customer requirements. To do this efficiently and effectively requires working together across functions within the firm and beyond the boundaries of the firm to understand and respond to changing customer requirements and to match supply to customer demand. This program is designed to give students the skills and knowledge needed for supply chain positions in companies facing such challenges.
Graduates of the Supply and Value Chain major will understand:
- factors influencing customer demand
- requirements for effective demand forecasting
- the role of demand forecasting in developing solutions that create value for customers and match fully to demand
- the role of information technology in efficient and effective management of the supply chain
- the multiple supply chain functions, their roles, and the interrelationships critical to improving overall supply chain performance
- the importance of working effectively with customers and suppliers to strengthen relationships and address joint problems or challenges
- In addition, they will demonstrate interpersonal, teamwork, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- recognize the global and ethical issues supply chain managers must address in response to the complexities and challenges of a global supply chain environment.
Programs we offer: