International Student Application Requirements:
International students must have an undergraduate degree from a university that meets the accreditation standards of the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy. Furthermore, international students must complete all pre-requisite coursework prior to admission with a minimum 3.0 upper-level accounting GPA to be considered for admission. All accounting pre-requisites must be based on curriculum that covers U.S. GAAP, U.S. tax law, and U.S. PCAOB/AICPA auditing standards.
International students are REQUIRED to submit TOEFL scores if English is not the official language of your country of permanent residence. The minimum required TOEFL is 100 on the internet-based test (IBT), 250 for computer-based Test (CBT), and 600 for paper-based test, and 68 on PTE. Please see the additional requirements for international students below.
Due to the time needed to process international paperwork, priority consideration for admission and financial assistance is given to applications received by January 15 for students intending to first enroll in the Fall semester. Subsequent to this date, applications will continue to be considered on a space-available basis.
How to apply: Please submit all required application forms and materials as outlined in the section above for Non-TCU Students. Carefully review instructions and submit materials as indicated. We cannot consider an application until all components of the application have been received.
In addition to the application, all prospective international students must complete the following:
- I-20 Request Form (Completed by your department)
- Copy of International Student and Scholar Form (filled out by student)
- Copy of TCU Application for Admission
- Copy of the student’s admission letter
- Copy of the student’s scholarship, assistantship or award letter(s) if any.
- Transfer verification form if student is presently studying in the United States.
- Student Financial Statement (completed and signed by student and sponsor, if any)
- Copy of the sponsor's bank statements for the past 6 months specifying monthly averages sufficient to cover the student's total annual program cost, less scholarship, grants or awards if any, or original letter from bank in letterhead, specifying the sponsor's monthly average balance for the past six months specifying currency. These documents require an official English translation. If no currency is specified we will assume the amount shown is in the student's country currency and we will make the conversion to US dollars.
- Proof of the sponsor's employment and monthly salary (requires English translation).
Please forward all documents to:
Department of Accounting
Attn: Professional Program in Accounting
Neeley School of Business
TCU Box 298530
Fort Worth, TX 76129
For additional information: click here