Effective Negotiations for Successful Outcomes
October 2-3, 2017
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $1,695* and includes all class materials, breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
* A 20 percent discount will be given to companies that enroll two or more employees.
* A 10 percent discount will be given to TCU staff/faculty/alumni, U.S. veterans
This 2-day session will introduce the core ideas behind a 5-step negotiations model aimed at improving your ability to negotiate by creating solutions that provide value for everyone involved while effectively settling disagreements and strengthening long-term relationships. Discussions and exercises will include insights on how individuals can effectively develop win-win solutions to both business and personal challenges through focused preparation and a deliberate choice of specific strategies and tactics.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed to improve any business leader’s ability to effectively negotiate while developing win-win solutions in both business and personal challenges. As such, this course is appropriate for executives, managers and front-line employees who want to enhance their current negotiation skills and learn additional approaches for win-win outcomes.
What You Will Learn
Participants will learn the “principled negotiations” framework for negotiations and takeaway a better understanding for the choices that need to be made in negotiations, including those in response to difficult circumstances, disagreements and organizational dilemmas and challenges.
How You Will Benefit
- Gain greater confidence in approaching topics requiring skilled negotiations
- Learn how to recognize and respond to difficult challenges, conflicts and organizational dilemmas
- Recognize areas of improvement within organizational communication
- Learn how to effectively settle disagreements while strengthening relationships
- 5-step Negotiations Model
- Issues of Power and Threats in Negotiations
- Common negotiating pitfalls and mistakes
- Barriers to Communication
- Guidelines for Systematic Analysis of Conflicts
- Preparation of Negotiation Strategies