Storytelling is a
powerful tool for creating connections, communicating an inspiring idea, and
creating a compelling vision of the future. Exceptional leaders use stories to convey deeper meaning, reinforce key
priorities and establish stronger engagement with co-workers, customers and
other key constituents.
For every leader, the ability to convey a message
clearly and effectively through stories can also be critical to solving
organizational issues, persuading important stakeholders, or presenting a new
idea to C-Suite leaders. A compelling
story is memorable, relevant, deeply engaging and well told. Through powerful storytelling leaders can
gain buy-in, convey their key messages and obtain support from key stakeholders
while transforming organizations.
UPDATE: Please click here to see a scheduling update
July 22, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
October 1, 2020
Cost: $995* covers all course materials and breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Certificates will be awarded based on successful completion of the 1-day training.
All in-person Open Enrollment Programs can be attended via Zoom. Contact a member of our staff for more information.
* A 20 percent discount will be given to companies that enroll two or more employees.
* A 10 percent discount will be given to TCU staff/faculty/alumni, U.S. veterans, 501c3 non-profit organizations and government employees.
Who Should Attend?
Business leaders at all levels who want to improve their ability to convey key messages, create deeper engagement, and inspire others through storytelling.
What You Will Learn
Practical storytelling tools and approaches that will help you develop:
- A clear picture of your audience and what motivates them
- A clear and powerful storyline to align your audience with your ideas
- An understanding of your strengths and areas of improvement as a persuasive communicator
- The ability to leverage the environment to reinforce your message
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the science of storytelling and how it increases the emotional connection with your audience.
- Lessen you dependency on the presentation medium and increase your connection with the audience.
- Increase your understanding of your audience and how environment plays into a presentation.
- Workshop you idea with a cross functional team and receive real-time feedback on your story and delivery.
- Take the reins on your professional development and craft stories that stick.
- Storytelling and Idea "Sell-In"
- Influence & Persuasion
- Presentation Approaches & Structure
- Communication Style
- Clarity & Focus for Message Development
- Leadership Presence