Taking Summer Classes Away from TCU
- Students have fewer 54 credit hours you may attend a community college.
- Students with more than 54 credit hours must take classes at a four-year university.
- Once a student is enrolled at TCU, no more than 12 total hours may be transferred from other schools.
- Students must take Cultural Awareness, Global Awareness and Citizenship and Social Values, and all major course requirements at TCU.
- Grades for courses that are part of your business lower division requirements (ECON, ENGL, and MATH) will be count toward your LDR GPA and be evaluated as part of admission to Neeley.
HOW TO SUBMIT A TRANSFER CREDIT REQUEST:
- Decide what class you hope to take over the summer and where it would be convenient for you to take it. You can find course options by using the Transfer Equivalency Tool.
- Go to my.tcu.edu > Academic Records > Transfer Credit > Request Transfer Credit.
- You will receive email notification of approval or denial once processing is complete
NOTE: The grades on Lower Division Requirement classes that you transfer in will count toward your LDR GPA.
Please allow 2-3 weeks for your courses to be evaluated and returned back to you. If your request is denied you are welcome to submit another request to evaluate a new class option.