It’s imperative for organizations and leaders to remain agile and adaptive in a complex, ever-changing world. The most successful leaders possess a set of capabilities that are at once familiar yet more important than they have ever been: Creative Thinking, Adaptability, Emotional Intelligence, Resilience, Courage, Strategic Thinking and Communication & Influence.
Communication and Influence is central to conveying purpose, aligning stakeholders, acquiring needed resources,
developing new capabilities and delivering results. This program is
designed for leaders at all levels who want to better understand the core
elements of communication and influence through agile applications of
development coaching, collaborative negotiations and navigating difficult
conversations in today’s fast-paced business environment.
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
October 22-23, 2020
April 28-29, 2021
Cost: $1,695* and includes all class materials, breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Certificates will be awarded based on successful completion of the 2-day training.
All in-person Open Enrollment Programs can be attended via Zoom. Contact a member of our staff for more information.
Click here to see the list of safety measures we are adding to our in-person programs.
* A 20 percent discount will be given to companies that enroll two or more employees.
* A 10 percent discount will be given to TCU staff/faculty/alumni, U.S. veterans
Who Should Attend?
Experienced leaders and high potential individual contributors whose fundamental success involves communication, critical conversations and persuasion and influence with internal stakeholders and external partners on behalf of their project, team and organization.
What You Will Learn
Participants will learn practical approaches and key skills for aligning key stakeholders, engaging agile teams, negotiating for key resources, and communicating much more effectively with teams, colleagues and customers to accelerate positive outcomes.
This program will improve your ability to:
- Structure a collaborative and persuasive approach to negotiations that you can use for key issues like customer deadlines, project requirements, resource requirements, and key agreements that are needed to deliver exceptional results.
- Unleash the real power of your team and organization by actively coaching and developing others to much higher levels of performance and contribution.
- Approach previously difficult conversations – with your key stakeholders, customers, teammates or employees - equipped with the appropriate tools for key moments and discussions that can dramatically impact positive outcomes.
- How to recognize and respond to difficult challenges, differences of opinions, conflicts and organizational dilemmas that surface on a daily basis.
Recognize your reactions, the reactions of others, and learn how to approach a variety of situations - some unique opportunities, some highly charged - to achieve much more effective solutions.
- Strategies for settling disagreements, reaching resolutions, and removing barriers while improving relationships.
- How to build and leverage trust to improve communication, accelerate resolution and improve team effectiveness.
- Common pitfalls and barriers to communication and building collaborative solutions.
- Approaches for coaching and development for a variety of circumstances from performance improvement to helping create paradigm shifts that allow for the creativity needed to drive innovation.
- Practical steps and approaches that turn difficult conversations into difference making dialogue.