Duncan Family Fellowship
- PhD, University of Michigan
- MPA, University of Texas at Arlington
- BBA, University of Texas at Arlington
Areas of Expertise/ResearchMy research investigates how a firms economic environment affects the content and timing of managers accounting disclosures and the usefulness to capital market participants of alternative accounting measures as reflected in security prices and returns. I have studied the cause and consequences of managers’ business segment disclosure decisions, the usefulness and reliability of fair values for real estate, the effect of accounting conservatism on firms’ cost of debt, how investors’ private information is revealed in trading volume, the effect of fee structures on credit ratings, and how accruals quality affects analysts coverage.
- “The Effect of Analyst Forecasts during Earnings Announcements on Investor Responses to Reported Earnings”, with Gerry Lobo and Minsup Song. The Accounting Review, vol. 92, no. 3, pp 239-63, May 2017.
- “Does it Matter Who Pays for Bond Rating? Historical Evidence" with John (Xuefeng) Jiang and Yuan Xie, Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 105, issue 3, September 2012.
- “Accruals Quality and Analysts Coverage” with Gerry Lobo, and Minsup Song, The Journal of Banking and Finance, Feb. 2012 vol. 36, issue 2, pp 497-508.
- “Further Evidence on the Relation Between Analysts Forecast Dispersion and Stock Returns” with Orie Barron and Yong Yu, Contemporary Accounting Research. (Summer 2009) vol. 26 issue 3, pp 329-357.
- Managers Motives to Withhold Segment Disclosures and the Effect of SFAS 131 on Analysts Information Environment with Christine Botosan, The Accounting Review (July 2005) pp 751-771
Honors and Awards
- Board of Directors, American Accounting Assoc. 2019-22
- Board of Directors, Texas Society of CPAs, 2018-21
- Editor for Contemporary Accounting Research, 2010-2014
- Editorial Board of The Accounting Review. 2008-2010
- Steering Committee of the Financial Accounting and Reporting Section of the American Accounting Association, 2009-2013
- Board of Directors of American Locker Group, Inc., Chair of the Audit Committee, 2005-2014
- TCU, Neely School of Business Undergraduate Teach award, May 2010
- Outstanding accounting alumni from the University of Texas at Arlington, Spring 2008
- TCU, Dean’s Research Award, 2007