Management and Leadership Department
- PhD, Auburn University
- MS, University of Tulsa
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Employees' attachment to organizations
- Research methods
- Bernerth, J. B., Carter, M. Z., & Cole, M. S. (in press). The (in)congruence effect of leaders' narcissism identity and reputation on performance: A socioanalytic multi-stakeholder perspective. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Methot, J. R. & Cole, M. S. (in press). Unpacking the microdynamics of multiplex peer developmental relationships: A mutuality perspective. Journal of Management.
- Taylor, S. G., Butts, M. M., Cole, M. S., & Pounds, T. W. (in press). Are you sick? Understanding the effects of coworker presenteeism on workplace mistreatment. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Briker, R., Walter, F., & Cole, M. S. (2021). Hurry up! The role of supervisors’ time urgency and self-perceived status for autocratic leadership and subordinates’ well-being. Personnel Psychology, 74, 55-76.
- Rosen, C. C., Dimotakis, N., Cole, M. S., Taylor, S. G., Simon, L. S., Smith, T. A., Reina, C. (2020). When challenges hinder: An investigation of when and how challenge stressors impact employee outcomes. Journal of Applied Psychology, 105, 1181-1206.
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of Management, 2020.
- Recipient of the 5-year scholarly impact award for the article “Shared authentic leadership and new venture performance,” published in the Journal of Management (2012), with Keith Hmieleski and Robert Baron.
- Finalist for the Neeley Alumni Professor of the Year, 2015.
- Teaching Award for Best Undergraduate Course (Elective or Major), Neeley School of Business, Texas Christian University, 2014.
- Best Reviewer Award (The “Seshe”) for timeliness and productivity, The Leadership Quarterly, 2013.
- Best 2012 Article in Positive Organizational Scholarship, awarded by the Center for Positive Organizational Scholarship, University of Michigan.
- Best Reviewer Award (“The Bernie”) for overall review quality, The Leadership Quarterly, 2011.