J. Vaughn and Evelyne H. Wilson Chair in Marketing
- PhD, Purdue University,
- MBA, University of Texas at Arlington
- BA, University of Texas at Arlington
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Evaluating the effects of advertising, price and promotion on market performance
- Evaluating the effects of retail pricing strategies and promotion on brand, category and store substitution behavior
- Branding and brand equity
- Consumer relationship marketing
- Marketing packaged goods
- Marketing Research, 13th e (John Wiley & Sons, Inc), 2013 (with David Aaker, V Kumar and George Day).
- “Who’s Your Most Valuable Salesperson?”, with V. Kumar and Sarang Sunder, Harvard Business Review,
- “Measuring and Managing a Salesperson’s Future Value to the Firm,” with V. Kumar and Sarang Sunder, Journal of Marketing Research, October 2014.
- "Defining, Measuring and Managing Business Reference Value," with V. Kumar and Andrew Peterson, Journal of Marketing, January 2013,
- “Is Market Orientation a Source Of Sustainable Competitive Advantage or Simply The Cost of Competing?”, with V. Kumar, Eli Jones and Rajkumar Venkatesan, Journal of Marketing, January 2011,
- “Driving Profitability by Encouraging Customer Referrals: Who, When and How,” with V. Kumar and Andrew Petersen, Journal of Marketing, September 2010, 1-17. (lead article)
Honors and Awards
- 2010 Churchill Award for Lifetime Achievement in Marketing Research presented by the American Marketing Association.
- "Marketer of the Year", presented by the Columbus Chapter of the American Marketing Association, 1997.
- Southwestern Marketing Association established the "Robert P. Leone Best Student Paper Award" to be given to the best student paper accepted at the SWMA Annual Conference. The award is in recognition of his efforts in establishing and coordinating the SWMA Doctoral Colloquium, March 1993.