Xiaoyan (Winnie) Wen
- PhD,Carnegie Mellon University
- MS, Carnegie Mellon University
- BS, Tsinghua University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Financial Reporting and Disclosure
- Management Forecast and Guidance
- Debt Contracting
- Incentive Compensation
- "Seniority Orders between Inside Debts and External Debts”, joint with Mingcherng Deng and Lin Nan, Journal of Management Accounting Research, 2020, forthcoming.
- "Penalties, Manipulation, and Investment Efficiency", joint with Lin Nan. Management Science, Vol. 65, No. 10, October 2019, pp. 4878–4900. This paper was featured in the news of Krannert School of Management Faculty Research at https://krannert.purdue.edu/news/features/?research=5184
- "Information Quality and Endogenous Project Outcomes”, joint with Mingcherng Deng and Lin Nan, Contemporary Accounting Research, 2019, Volume 36, issue 2: 732-757.
- "The Economic Consequences of Expanding Accounting Recognition”, joint with Pierre Jinghong Liang and Wei Li, Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, 2019, Volume 34, issue 2: 231-257.
- "Meeting Company-Issued Guidance and Management Guidance Strategy", joint with Ram Ramakrishnan, Journal of Law, Finance and Accounting, 2016, Volume 1, No. 2, 319-359. The paper was selected for the 1st Anniversary JLFA Conference at New York University, NYC.
Honors and Awards
- TCU Neeley Five Year Service Award 2020
- Bob Vigeland Excellence in Accounting Research Award, Neeley School of Business 2019
- UIC College of Business Administration Five Year Service Award 2014
- UIC Favorite Undergraduate Accounting Professor Award 2013
- William Larimer Mellon Fellowship, Carnegie Mellon University 2004 - 2007