- PhD, University of Pennsylvania
- MAc, Korea University
- BBA, Korea University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Analysts Earning Forecasts
- Market Expectation on Earnings
- "Intangible assets and capital structure" with Antonio Macias and Thomas Moeller. Journal of Banking and Finance (2020) 105873
- "An analytical measure of market underreaction to earnings news" with Kee Chung, Oliver Kim, and Sean Yang. International Review of Economics and Finance (2019) pp. 612-624.
- "Credit capacity extension as economic benefits of operating leases: Evidence from borrowing costs and credit ratings" with Steven C. Mann and Vassil Mihov, Journal of Corporate Finance (2017) pp. 100-114.
- "Earnings comparability and informed trading" with Sangwan Kim, Finance Research Letters (2017) pp.130-136.
- "The effect of IPRD capitalization on M&A and purchase price allocations" with Thomas Dowdell, Research in Accounting Regulation (2015) pp. 51-56.
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Honorary member of the Golden Key National Honor Society
- Manuscript Award in IBES research competition (5th Annual Conference of Chicago Quantitative Alliance, 1998)
- Distinguished paper award (Northeast American Accounting Association Annual Meeting, 2007)