Brand & Communications Lead, TCU Sales Center
- PhD, University of Alabama
- MSM, New York University
- BA, University of Texas at Austin
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Strategic marketing
- Emerging technology and entrepreneurship
- Chicotsky, B., & Heiss, S. (2019). Slogan-like summary activity: synthesizing and communication course concepts. Syllabus Journal, 8(2).
Selected Scholarly Book Chapters
- Chicotsky, B. (2018). Entrepreneurship as a Student Experience and State of Mind. In M.G. Strawser (Ed.) Transformative Student Experiences in Higher Education: Meeting the Needs of the 21st Century Student and Modern Workplace. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
- Chicotsky, B., & Qiao, F. (2016). Athletes as the new investment vehicle: advancing the meaning of brand personas in sports media. In A.C. Billings and K.A. Brown (Eds.) Evolution of the Modern Sports Fan. Lanham: MD: Lexington Books.
Selected Peer-Reviewed Conference Presentations
- Chicotsky, B., & Qiao, F. (2021). The brand persona: operationalizing a synthesis of brand equity and social capital. Presented at the American Marketing Association Winter Academic Conference. February 19th – 21st, 2021. Previously accepted for presentation at the National Business and Economics Society Annual Conference in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; March 11-14, 2020 but not attended due to COVID-19 hindrances.
- Chicotsky, B. (2021). Reflections of Instructing Future Professional Athletes from the College Classroom. Virginia Tech 2021 Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy. February 4th – 5th, 2021. Poster presentation.
- Chicotsky, B., & Qiao, F. (2021). Condition branding gets a dose of resistance: a backlash of consumer sentiment. International Academic Forum: 6th Annual International Conference on Education (later presented as the subsequent annual conference held in Hawaii due to COVID) | January 6th – 10th, 2021 (iafor.org)
Honors and Awards
- Carey Service and Mentorship Award Nominee 2018 - 2019, Johns Hopkins University - Designated for a faculty member with exceptional investment in students' professional growth.
- Teaching Innovation Award (Grant), Johns Hopkins University 2018 - 2019
- Carey Service and Mentorship Award Nominee 2018 - 2019 - Designated for a faculty member with exceptional investment in students' professional growth.
- Top Paper Award, Southern States Communication Association Conference; Austin, TX. 2017 Chicotsky, B. & Qiao, F. (2018). Laughing and yelling through yaks: a content analysis of Yik Yak, exploring humor topics, types, styles and user motives in the anonymous social media environment.
- Inspiring Alumni Nominee, New York University (2012) [Formerly the Department of Technology Management and Innovation (Tandon)]. Recognized for a marketing campaign with 1.1 million organic views and international coverage.