Professor of Management Practice
Management and Leadership Department
- PhD, University of Texas at Dallas
- BS, Texas A&M University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Group dynamics
- Betrayal and relationship change
- Gender & Language
- Relational demography
- Online teaching
- Design Thinking
- Rockett, T. & Valenti, A. (2013). When a Friend Becomes a Foe: The Effects of Relational Rifts on Individuals and Groups. Journal of Management Policy and Practice, vol 14, no 5, 57-69.
- Valenti, A. M. & Rockett, T. 2008. The effects of demographic differences on forming intragroup relationships. Small Group Research, vol 39, no 2, 179-202.
- Rockett, T. & Okhuysen, G. 2001. Familiarity in Groups. In E. Mannix, M. Neale & H. Sondak (Eds.), Research on Groups and Teams, vol 4.
Honors and Awards
- Undergraduate Teaching Award - Major class, Neeley School of Business, Texas Christian University
- Distance Education Fellow, Koehler Center for Teaching Effectiveness, Texas Christian University
- Undergraduate Teaching Award - Core class, Neeley School of Business, Texas Christian University
- Online Teacher of the Year Award, School of Management, The University of Texas at Dallas.
- Adjunct Teacher of the Year Award, School of Management, The University of Texas at Dallas.