Eunice and James L. West Chair in Marketing
- PhD, Arizona State University
- MBA, University of Missouri
- BS, Southwest Baptist University
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Entertainment Product Success
- Innovation / Technology Management
- Product Development
- Channels / Relationship Marketing
- (2019) "Marketing and the Sharing Economy," Journal of Marketing. With G. Eckhardt, B. Jiang, C. Lamberton, A. Rindfleisch, and G. Zervas.
- (2019) "Four Facets of Rigor," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.
- (2019) Entertainment Science: Data Analytics and Practical Theory for Movies, Games, Books, and Music, Springer Nature. With T. Hennig-Thurau.
- (2018), “Hands Off My Brand! The Financial Consequences of Protecting Brands through Trademark Infringement Suits,” Journal of Marketing. With L. Ertekin and A. Sorescu.
- (2018), “Pre-Release Consumer Buzz,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 46 (March), 338-360. With A-K Kupfer, T. Hennig-Thurau, and M. Spann.
Honors and Awards
- Co-Editor: Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
- 2019 Louis Stern Award for impactful research, AMA
- 2018 Sheth Foundation Award (best paper in Vol 46 of JAMS)
- 2012 Deans' Research and Creativity Award, TCU (university winner)
- Executive Committee AMA Academic Council (2010-2014), President 2012-2013
- Co-chair 2010 AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Faculty
- 2006 Academy of Marketing Science Outstanding Marketing Teacher Award
- 2006 University of Missouri Provost's Outstanding Teaching Award
- 2005 Co-Chair of American Marketing Association Summer Educators Conference
- 2003 University of Missouri Distinguished Research Fellowship
- 2000 Saint Louis University Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding Teacher Award