Why major in accounting? Accountants are smart, organized, detail-minded, objective professionals who are good communicators and possess high integrity. You can work with individuals, Fortune 500 companies, not-for-profit organizations, governments, startup companies, schools and more. Through TCU’s Professional Program in Accounting (PPA), you can get your BBA and Master of Accounting degrees in five years, putting you on the road to take the CPA Exam to be a Certified Public Accountant.
Course already closed?
What Sets Us Apart
The PPA provides a seamless path to professional success from the BBA to the Master of Accounting program. This three-year program emphasizes academics, professional development and career planning. Apply to the PPA between your sophomore and junior years. Admission is based on academic performance, a declared interest in pursuing an accounting career and sitting for the CPA Exam.
TCU ACAP is a free, one-week, on-campus summer program for high school students from underrepresented groups to learn more about degrees and careers in accounting and finance. We partner with the National Association of Black Accountants Inc. (NABA) to bring the Accounting Career Awareness Program to Fort Worth on the TCU campus to bridge the opportunity gap for minority high school students. Students stay in dorms and attend classes on careers in accounting and business, personal development and college preparation.
TCU is one of only 189 elite accounting programs in the world accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the hallmark of excellence in business education.
Learn from some of the smartest minds in accounting. Our professors bring real-world experiences into the classroom to engage you in meaningful dialogue and critical thinking. They consistently rank highly for mentorship, academic experience and teaching quality. They research and publish new insights to impact the field, and bring that insight into the classroom to give you an edge.
- Dan Barron, Partner, BKD CPAs & Advisors
- Rick Baumeister, Managing Principal, Clifton, Larson, Allen
- Paul Beachamp, Partner – Assurance, Deloitte
- Mark Bracker, BNSF Railway
- Anna Brewer, Partner, J. Taylor & Associates, LLC
- Keith Bunch, Senior Vice President and Treasurer, The Headington Companies
- Christy Cates, Tax & Consulting Partner, Whitley Penn
- Brenda Cline, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Kimbell Art Foundation
- Kelsy Cunningham, CFO – Inspirus, Sodexo, Benefits & Rewards
- Amanda Hartman, Partner, Audit Services, Grant Thornton
- Scott Hickson, Senior Tax Partner, Ernst & Young
- Rayford High, Partner, KPMG
- Brent Horak, Partner, BDO
- Debbie Jackson, VP & Controller, US, Walmart
- Brian King, Head of FRA Operations, U.S., Alcon
- Field Lange, Senior Partner, Lange & Associates, PC
- Melinda Lawrence, Chief Financial Officer, ID90 Travel
- Todd Lisle, Managing Partner, BKD CPAs & Advisors
- Michael Murphy, Regional Managing Partner, Insurance Services, Deloitte
- Robert Loritz, Partner, Weaver
- Martina Luna, Partner, PwC
- Wes Poole, Ernst & Young
- Anthony Placencio, Partner - Tax Services, RSM McGladrey
- Suzanne Stevens, Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer, Crescent Real Estate Equities
- Colin Stevenson, Partner, Tax, PwC
- Johnathan Wilke, Office Managing Partner, Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP