Assistant Professor of Professional Practice in Marketing
- PhD, University of Alabama
- MSM, New York University
- MLS, Texas A&M School of Law (expected completion: May 2024)
- BA, University of Texas at Austin
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Strategic marketing
- Emerging technology and entrepreneurship
- Chicotsky, B. (2023). Web 3.0 & Marketing: The New Frontier. Journal of Applied Marketing Analytics. 9/23, 182-184 (Henry Stewart Publications).
- Chicotsky, B., & Heiss, S. (2019). Slogan-like summary activity: synthesizing and communication course concepts. Syllabus Journal, 8(2).
Selected Popular Press Publishing
- Chicotsky, B. (2023). Sales Millionaires: Industry Insights and Life Lessons from Those Who Made It. Publisher: Kendall Hunt Publishing (and Innovation Ink for popular press). Available at Barnes & Noble and Amazon.
Selected Scholarly Book Chapters
- Chicotsky, B. (2018). Entrepreneurship as a Student Experience and State of Mind. In M.G. Strawser (Ed.) Transformative Student Experiences in Higher Education: Meeting the Needs of the 21st Century Student and Modern Workplace. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
- Chicotsky, B., & Qiao, F. (2016). Athletes as the new investment vehicle: advancing the meaning of brand personas in sports media. In A.C. Billings and K.A. Brown (Eds.) Evolution of the Modern Sports Fan. Lanham: MD: Lexington Books.
Selected Peer-Reviewed Conference Presentations
- Chicotsky, B. (2023). An Audience Threshold in the Millions: Exploring Influencer Marketing Activations Online. Accepted as a competitive paper for the in-person component of the American Marketing Association’s Summer Academic Conference in San Francisco on Aug. 4th - 6th, 2023.
- Chicotsky, B., Jenkins, S., & Giesemann, C. (2022). A Case Study of Agile Teaming in Academia. Presented at the HighEdWeb 2022 Annual Conference (Oct. 11th, 2022 in Little Rock, AR).
- Chicotsky, B. (2022). Situated Learning in a Marketing Management Class. 2022 Marketing Educators’ Association Conference (MarketingEducators.org) | April 21st - 23rd, 2022 in Seattle, WA.
- Chicotsky, B. & Hartley, S. (2021). Innovative Programming for Student Engagement and Professional Development. Original Lilly Conference on College Teaching: Evidence-Based Teaching and Learning | November 20, 2021, in Miami University, Oxford, OH.
- Chicotsky, B., & Qiao, F. (2021). The brand persona: operationalizing a synthesis of brand equity and social capital. Presented at the American Marketing Association Winter Academic Conference. February 19th – 21st, 2021. Previously accepted for presentation at the National Business and Economics Society Annual Conference in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; March 11-14, 2020 but not attended due to COVID-19 hindrances.
Selected Industry Conference Presentations
- Chicotsky, B. (April 12th, 2023), Blockchain Basics and Credit Union Cases: An Overview and Action Plan. Annual Meeting and Council Forum, hosted by Cornerstone League. Grapevine, TX. Provided subject matter expertise on blockchain applications for credit unions.
- Chicotsky, B. (November 16th, 2022; AIBC Grandmaster Stage), How to Become an Influencer Marketer in 2023. Panel Moderator. Hosted by the Asia Investment & Banking Conference in Malta (aibc.world/europe) and SiGMA Group (sigma.world/europe). Industry conference focused on web3, decentralized finance, and futurism.
- Chicotsky, B. (November 4th, 2022), How to Teach the Impact of Customer Personas. Stukent Digital Summit: The Psychology of Buyers & Sellers. Hosted by Stukent (edu-tech publisher with simulation products). Industry conference attended by professors.
- Chicotsky, B. (September 1st, 2022), Pendulum Swings Through Private Equity. Hosted by the Fort Worth Breakfast Club, the city’s longest-standing business breakfast gathering. A presentation focused on career insights and marketing-related phenomena.
- Chicotsky, B. (June 16th, 2022), Using Course Clients as Pedagogical Tool. Industry conference focused on pedagogy, and business topics to advance curricula. Presentation focused on implementation plan for course clients. ProfCon 2022.
Honors and Awards
- Clark Society Endowed Faculty Award Nominee, TCU 2023 (Nominated by the student body and awarded by Donor Relations).
- Maryrose Short Teaching Excellence Award, TCU Neeley, 2022.
- Michael R. Ferrari Award for Distinguished University Service and Leadership 2022. TCU Neeley.
- Honor’s Laureate Mentor Spring 2021 & Spring 2022
Awarded by the John V. Roach Honors College at TCU
- Fall 2021 Alumni Advisory Council Invite & Recognition Fall 2021.
Texas Unions, Division of Student Affairs | The University of Texas at Austin. Advisory Council invitation: provided input for a multi-million-dollar eSports program and Dobie Mall integration (large-scale real estate campus integration).
- Favorite Professor Award, Graduate Programs at TCU Neeley School of Business, Spring 2021 (Voted by the graduating student cohort of full-time MBA and MSA programs)
- Honor's Laureate Mentor, Awarded by the John V. Roach Honors College at TCU, Spring 2021 (Awarded to faculty with a noteworthy impact on an honor student's academic career and life)
- Carey Service and Mentorship Award Nominee 2018 - 2019, Johns Hopkins University - Designated for a faculty member with exceptional investment in students' professional growth.
- Teaching Innovation Award (Grant), Johns Hopkins University 2018 - 2019
- Carey Service and Mentorship Award Nominee 2018 - 2019 - Designated for a faculty member with exceptional investment in students' professional growth.
- Top Paper Award, Southern States Communication Association Conference; Austin, TX. 2017 Chicotsky, B. & Qiao, F. (2018). Laughing and yelling through yaks: a content analysis of Yik Yak, exploring humor topics, types, styles and user motives in the anonymous social media environment.
- Inspiring Alumni Nominee, New York University (2012) [Formerly the Department of Technology Management and Innovation (Tandon)]. Recognized for a marketing campaign with 1.1 million organic views and international coverage.