Theodore and Beulah Beasley Faculty Fellowship
- PhD, University of Utah
- BS, University of Utah
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Price Formation
- Markets & Market Microstructure
- Derivative Securities
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Finance
- Behavioral Finance
- "Professional Trader Discipline and trade Disposition" - Journal of Financial Economics 2005 (P. Locke, S. Mann)
- Life in the Pits: Competitive market making and inventory control - Review of Financial Studies, 1996. (S. Manaster, S. Mann)
- "Corporate debt issuance and the historical level of interest rates" Financial Management 2008 (CB Barry, SC Mann, VT Mihov, M Rodriguez)
- "Daily income target effects: Evidence from a large sample of professional commodities traders" Journal of Financial Markets 2009 (P. Locke, S. Mann)
- "Interest rate changes and the timing of debt issues" - Journal of Banking and Finance 2009 (CB Barry, SC Mann, V Mihov, M Rodríguez)
Honors and Awards
- Award for Outstanding Paper in Applied Investments, - Southern Finance Association, 1999 (for Do professional traders exhibit loss realization aversion?).
- Neeley School Teaching Award for Junior Faculty, 1997 (initial recipient and sole recipient to date).
- Winner of Neeley School Nomination for the University-wide Deans' Teaching Award, 1999.
- Best Paper Award (Futures or Futures Options), Southern Finance Association, 1995 (for Depth and tightness.).
- Best Paper Award, Texas Finance Symposium, 1995 (for Sources of market making profits:).
- Best Paper Award (Futures or Futures Options), Financial Management Association, 1993, (for Concentrated trading in the foreign exchange futures markets:...).
- Best Paper Award (Futures or Futures Options), Southwestern Finance Association meetings, 1995, (for Life in the pits: competitive market making and inventory control.)