Assistant Professor of Professional Practice in Marketing
- PhD, University of Alabama
- MSM, New York University
- BA, University of Texas at Austin
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Strategic marketing
- Emerging technology and entrepreneurship
- Chicotsky, B., & Heiss, S. (2019). Slogan-like summary activity: synthesizing and communication course concepts. Syllabus Journal, 8(2).
Selected Scholarly Book Chapters
- Chicotsky, B. (2018). Entrepreneurship as a Student Experience and State of Mind. In M.G. Strawser (Ed.) Transformative Student Experiences in Higher Education: Meeting the Needs of the 21st Century Student and Modern Workplace. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
- Chicotsky, B., & Qiao, F. (2016). Athletes as the new investment vehicle: advancing the meaning of brand personas in sports media. In A.C. Billings and K.A. Brown (Eds.) Evolution of the Modern Sports Fan. Lanham: MD: Lexington Books.
Selected Peer-Reviewed Conference Presentations
- Chicotsky, B., & Qiao, F. (2021). The brand persona: operationalizing a synthesis of brand equity and social capital. Presented at the American Marketing Association Winter Academic Conference. February 19th – 21st, 2021. Previously accepted for presentation at the National Business and Economics Society Annual Conference in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; March 11-14, 2020 but not attended due to COVID-19 hindrances.
- Chicotsky, B. (2021). Reflections of Instructing Future Professional Athletes from the College Classroom. Virginia Tech 2021 Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy. February 4th – 5th, 2021. Poster presentation.
- Chicotsky, B., & Qiao, F. (2021). Condition branding gets a dose of resistance: a backlash of consumer sentiment. International Academic Forum: 6th Annual International Conference on Education (later presented as the subsequent annual conference held in Hawaii due to COVID) | January 6th – 10th, 2021 (iafor.org)
Selected Industry Conference Presentations
- Chicotsky, B. (June 16th, 2022), Using Course Clients as Pedagogical Tool. Industry conference focused on pedagogy, and business topics to advance curricula. Presentation focused on implementation plan for course clients. ProfCon 2022.
- Chicotsky, B. (June 9th , 2022), Crypto Marketing 101; Chicotsky, B. (June 10 th, 2022), Hiring Top Talent. Industry conference presentations, “NEAR at Consensus” at the annual Consensus Conference held by CoinDesk.
- Chicotsky, B. (January 28th, 2022), Marketing Use Cases of Artificial Intelligence. Industry conference presentation, “AI and Business Panel” with the Chief Data Scientist at PwC, Winnie Cheng, at the 17th IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (ieee-icsc.org).
- Chicotsky, B. (November 20th, 2021), Venture Investment Trends that Detail the Future of Virtual Reality. Industry conference presentation at the 5th Annual Virtual Reality Day (VirtualRealityDay.org).
Honors and Awards
- Maryrose Short Teaching Excellence Award, TCU Neeley, 2022.
- Michael R. Ferrari Award for Distinguished University Service and Leadership 2022. TCU Neeley.
- Honor’s Laureate Mentor Spring 2021 & Spring 2022
Awarded by the John V. Roach Honors College at TCU
- Fall 2021 Alumni Advisory Council Invite & Recognition Fall 2021.
Texas Unions, Division of Student Affairs | The University of Texas at Austin. Advisory Council invitation: provided input for a multi-million-dollar eSports program and Dobie Mall integration (large-scale real estate campus integration).
- Favorite Professor Award, Graduate Programs at TCU Neeley School of Business, Spring 2021 (Voted by the graduating student cohort of full-time MBA and MSA programs)
- Honor's Laureate Mentor, Awarded by the John V. Roach Honors College at TCU, Spring 2021 (Awarded to faculty with a noteworthy impact on an honor student's academic career and life)
- Carey Service and Mentorship Award Nominee 2018 - 2019, Johns Hopkins University - Designated for a faculty member with exceptional investment in students' professional growth.
- Teaching Innovation Award (Grant), Johns Hopkins University 2018 - 2019
- Carey Service and Mentorship Award Nominee 2018 - 2019 - Designated for a faculty member with exceptional investment in students' professional growth.
- Top Paper Award, Southern States Communication Association Conference; Austin, TX. 2017 Chicotsky, B. & Qiao, F. (2018). Laughing and yelling through yaks: a content analysis of Yik Yak, exploring humor topics, types, styles and user motives in the anonymous social media environment.
- Inspiring Alumni Nominee, New York University (2012) [Formerly the Department of Technology Management and Innovation (Tandon)]. Recognized for a marketing campaign with 1.1 million organic views and international coverage.