TCU Neeley welcomes international students to join our worldwide network of business leaders. Our students come from every corner of the globe to find a dynamic, supportive and diverse community on campus.
Additional Admissions Requirements for International Students
In addition to the degree-specific application requirements, international students are required to submit additional materials for our application including:
- An English language proficiency test score is required of all non-native English speakers, with the exception of applicants who qualify for one of the following:
- Have spent at least three years in the U.S. studying toward completion of an undergraduate degree
- Have completed a graduate degree in the U.S.
- Have worked in the U.S. at least two years
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution where
- English is the language of instruction and
- the accredited institution is located in a country where English is an official language (e.g., Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Ghana, Nigeria and Uganda).
We will accept TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), Duolingo English Test, PTE (Pearson Test of English) or IELTS (International English Language Training System) scores.
Minimum score required:
- TOEFL internet-based: 100
- TOEFL computer-based: 250
- TOEFL paper-based: 600
- Duolingo English Test: 130
- PTE: 68
- IELTS: 7
- Course-by-Course Transcript Evaluations: If your degree was earned at an institution outside of the U.S., you will need to submit them with a certified English translation. We recommended you submit them through World Education Services (WES) for evaluation. See the National Association of Credential Evaluations Service for a full list of providers
- Applicants from China will also need to provide their bachelor's degree certification and diploma.
- Applicants from India must have completed at least a three-year bachelor's degree, with evidence of strong and consistent performance.
Students admitted to TCU with an F-1 status must request an I-20 form. To secure an F-1 visa, we require students to secure and complete the following:
- A completed International Scholar form: TCU International Student/Scholar form
- A financial statement, required after admission but before the Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or IAP 66): Financial Statement
- Bank statement to show proof of funds to cover the estimated expenses for the first year of academic study as outlined in the Financial Statement document
- A valid passport
Summer Language Institute
You may be required to participate in TCU’s summer language institute before classes start in the fall. This is an opportunity for you to polish your English skills and build confidence in your classroom and social communication. All international TCU MBA students can attend, even if not required. Contact our team to learn more.
International Student Orientation
All international students are required to attend TCU’s international student orientation prior to START Workshop. (Dates are provided upon admission.) This orientation brings together all new TCU international students, regardless of major, to introduce you to higher education, cultural transition issues, immigration and legal responsibilities, immigration advising and assistance, employment, banking, academic support and personal support.
You will also attend an orientation presented by the TCU Neeley Graduate Career Center to focus on career development and job search skills and hear successful advice from current and former international TCU MBA students.