The Antonio Banos and Rodney D'Souza Scholarship was endowed by entrepreneurship professors to diversify the student population in gender, thought, race, ethnicity, backgrounds and experiences, as well as spark the entrepreneurial spirit in students from underrepresented and marginalized communities.
Professors Banos and D’Souza came from humble beginnings, benefited from the mentorship of key people, and used entrepreneurship as a vehicle to achieve their goals. Their joy in seeing thousands of students realize their entrepreneurial dreams inspired them to assist TCU students beyond teaching and mentoring—with this scholarship.
$5,000 and up
- Accepted and enrolled at Texas Christian University.
- First- or second-year student at time of application.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Majoring in any area other than business. Business majors may not apply.
- Interested in pursuing a minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Online application. Apply below.
- A 100-word statement about you, submitted with online application.
- If selected as a finalist, submit a video up to 5 minutes explaining how people around you, today and in the future, will be positively impacted if you receive this scholarship.
- If selected as finalist, be available for an interview.
- Application Closes: February 27, 2021
- Review Process: March 2021
- Award Reception: April 2021